Why walking is good for you
- Improves fitness and health
- Reduces stress
- Burns same amount of calories as jogging
- It can reduce risk of diabetes
- It can improve blood pressure
- It can halve the risk of a heart attack or stroke
- It is a great way to meet new friends
See the Adur & Worthing Councils' website for information on Health Walks in Adur and Worthing, from Durrington Walkers to Broadwater Strollers and beyond.
The Walking for Health website has more helpful information on walking, including a local 'Walk Finder'.
Walking is a great way to be active. There are so many places to walk across West Sussex, from the flat promenades of the coastal towns to the more challenging ups and downs of the South Downs National Park. It’s a low-cost exercise which everyone can enjoy … just find yourself some appropriate footwear.
The Sussex Wildlife Trust is responsible for many volunteer programmes which operate in the county. Their website has details of these schemes, which include regular activities in local parks.