Time to Talk Health
Time to Talk Health - supporting people who live with a long- term health condition
Time to Talk Health is an NHS service for anyone with a GP in Adur, Worthing, Arun or Chichester who needs support to cope with/manage:
- Type 1 or 2 Diabetes
- A cardiac condition
- COPD (Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease)
- Musculoskeletal problems
- IBS (Irritable Bowel Syndrome)
Living with any of these conditions can be difficult. You may become worried, anxious or low in mood, which can lead to worse health. You may like support either to adjust to a new diagnosis or at a later stage.
The friendly qualified team of therapists and healthcare practitioners work with you in order to achieve the outcomes you want, for example:
- Making healthier lifestyle changes – however small or big.
- Getting the best out of your medication.
- Overcoming your worries, anxieties or low mood about your health.
- Reducing the impact of your health on home life, work and/or other activities.
- Better knowledge and understanding of your condition(s) and symptoms.
There are a range of interventions to suit you, such as:
- Phone consultations – they can ring you
- One-to-one sessions in person
- Group work
- Guided self-help
Time to Talk Health is available 8am – 8pm Monday to Friday in venues across Adur, Worthing, Arun and Chichester for anyone aged 18 years + who needs support living with these conditions. You can ask your healthcare professional to make a referral or contact them directly by:
- Telephone: 01273 666480 (a message can be left outside of working hours and will be responded to the next working day)
- Email your contact details (no personal info needed)
- Applying online using the online referral form
Time to Talk Health is provided by Sussex Community NHS Foundation Trust. It’s an expansion of the existing Time to Talk service. Further information about this service can be found on the Sussex Community NHS Trust website.