Skills for work
Want to start thinking about work or gaining a new skill - but finding it hard to know where to start?
Employ Junction is a new service to support you in finding your way.
You will be given an appointment with a member of the team to work out what you'd like to do or get you the right support with local experts who can help you make the changes you want.
Book your free appointment at a local venue if you are looking to get advice or gain skills in:
- Computer skills
- Work tasters
- Short courses
- CVs support
- Interview skills
- Volunteering opportunities
- Health worries
Email Employ Junction to book your appointment
Referrals to Employ Junction
- Single adults (age ranging from 18-65 and have a potential risk of homelessness - client's can also be already homeless or living in temporary/supported accommodation). Email Employ Junction.
- Families (people who are long-term unemployed (for more than 1 year) and/or have significant barriers to working (health, caring responsibilities, etc). Email Employ Junction.
One Stop Junction
Visit the One Stop Junction if you are not sure what sort of help you want, and would like a few quicker chats in one place rather than committing to longer, more in-depth support around:
- IT skills
- Work skills
- Employment/careers advice
- Help with benefit claims
- Budgeting and money
IT Junction venues in Durrington, Southwick and Fishersgate offer local people the chance to look at employment, money and skills options all under one roof. Organisations taking part include National Careers Service, RBLI, Aspire, Employ Junction and Money Junction.
- Durrington Community Centre, New Road, West Durrington, BN13 3FJ - fortnightly from Thursday 7th February (9.30-12.30pm).
- Eastbrook Manor Community Centre, West Road, Fishersgate BN41 1QH - monthly from Friday 8th February (9.30am-12.30pm).
- Each month at Southwick Community Centre, 24 Southwick Street, BN42 4TE.
Check out the OneStop Facebook page for job opportunities, testimonials and relevant updates.