Weight management for men & women
Would you like to improve your overall health and wellbeing?
Our 12-week courses have been designed to help men tackle their weight through healthy eating and activity.
Worthing courses for men are being run by Active Worthing
- 12 weeks; Mondays 5-7pm or Weds 7-9pm at Palatine Park (or online depending on guidelines).
- Weekly Weigh ins.
- Includes exercise session with a qualified instructor.
- £15 deposit payable in Week 1, repaid when at least 9 sessions are attended.
- Contact Active Worthing directly to book a place: 07706 626158 or email Active Worthing.
Kick off the Weight with Albion in the Community (for men living or working in Adur)
- FREE 12 week course includes support on nutrition and a physical activity session for all abilities.
- Starts Monday 5th July 6.30pm - 8.00pm at Lancing Manor Leisure Centre.
- Weekly weigh ins and expert advice on losing weight and keeping it off.
- Individual goal setting, group challenges, fun and interactive sessions to get you started and keep motivated.
- Each participant will get an equipment pack to get started.
- Suitable for men living or working in Adur with a BMI between 25 and 40 – to find out your BMI, see the BMI calculator on the NHS website.
Places limited and on first come, first served basis. For more information call 07719 569076 or email Albion in the Community and they will be in touch.
The Weight Escape, 12 week weight loss challenge for men and women
The Wellbeing Advisor will help you to set achievable targets and support you to reach them.
Different healthy eating topics looking at food labelling, portion size, healthy recipes and much more! Learn strategies to help you change habits and behaviours to live a healthier lifestyle.
- 1 hour zoom session for 12 weeks.
- Clients to weigh themselves at home and submit weekly along with a food diary.
- Handouts to accompany each week are emailed.
- One-to-one appointments available (via zoom or telephone).
Booking is essential, please call 01903 221450 to find out when the next 12 week programme is starting.
Below are a few of the comments we have received from people who have attended the programme:
“The support was brilliant. Every weight loss session was very informative. The exercise was excellent set at the right pace. I’ve managed to lose 1 stone 8lbs in total.”
“I was referred by my doctor due to raised blood sugar readings. I found this course this course to be extremely helpful from the start. The way each week was organised and the overall presentation was excellent. I would recommend the course to anyone struggling with their weight.”
“I was lucky enough to get onto this and it has been much better than any commercial course. Not only did we have a different topic each week with scientific information, we had interactive exercises to complete together. In the second half the trainer put us through our paces in the exercise department and this was very carefully aimed at our ages, weight, mobility etc.”
“Friendly, helpful and useful information that I really feel able to put into practice. Never judged, only supported. Would definitely recommend it to anyone.”
Download your Weekly Food Diary (Word 45.9KB - new window) as a good starting point!