MindOut is a Brighton-based mental health service run by and for LGBTQ people. 100% of their team also have lived experience of mental health needs, or caring responsibilities for a person with lived experience.
MindOut peer support groups are confidential, non-judgemental, independent from other services, free of charge and run by experienced mental health workers. They provide LGBTQ people the chance to meet others with shared lived experiences, to share their own experiences and give and receive support.
Some of the closed groups include:
- Out of the Blue for LGBTQ people who have experience of suicidal thoughts or suicidal distress
- Work it Out for LGBTQ people juggling mental health concerns with paid employment
- Bi group for anyone identifying as Bisexual
- Trans group for anyone identifying as transgender
- 50+ group for LGBTQ people over 50
Online support and a counselling service is also available.
Find out more about the service via their website.